Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Things I will miss in Korea Part 1


I left Korea 4 months ago and have been home about 3 months. I already miss Korea, even though I know leaving was the right decision. Here are some of the things I will miss! Once again, they are in no particular order. The pictures are also in no particular order because I am majorly fighting with blogspot. I wrote the entire blog but it refused to have any of the writing next to the picture I want it to, so I am going to slowly copy and paste it over to new blogs. But that will take a long time.  So here's part 1!






1. My friends. I met a lot of great people from all over the world. I remember one night, relatively early in my time, when I was sitting at a table with a group of people from the US, Taiwan, Macao, France and Australia. I thought at the time, "This is really amazing."





I not only met a lot of people, but I made a lot of great friends that I hope I will know for the rest of my life.
















































































We were struggling a bit to figure out my selfie stick. I only bought it since I was traveling along afterwards, but never quite got the hang of it and didn't use it once on my trip.

























2. I will also miss my students. I had so much fun with them. There were obviously ups and downs and I will admit that I had some difficult students. But I had a fantastic experience with them.




The picture to the left was an accidental picture.









This included getting letters at the end of a term that make you realize that you've made a difference in your student's lives, without even realizing it. I may have wept when I read that letter. 


I erased her name from the photo in case she reads this and gets embarrassed.
































One of my students took this picture, which I love.

































































































3. People sleeping and vomiting all over the place.

Ok, maybe not the vomiting.


















4. Great concerts, musicals, plays, nerdy events and cultural events in small venues for very cheap. I love, love, love Sondre Lerche. I am also extremely depressed that I'm missing Caro Emerald. Of course she's coming to Seoul in May, after I left. She's my favorite singer. Ever


I saw a ton of musicals, Wicked, Phantom of the Opera, Jersey Boys, Mamma Mia, Jesus Christ Superstar among others. It was fantastic!




















































































































5. The food. I will miss the food so much. I loved everything. The spice, the soups, the meat. The fish market was amazing! Everything was amazing!




























6. Dinosaurs walking the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment