Things I learned today...
1. When someone asks if you want them to take a picture of you, remember to unzoom your camera or you will end up with a wonderful picture of you standing in front of a white van and nothing else.
2. When taking pictures of cool buildings, be careful of the advertisement in the corner of the picture because it may be of two people who are very naked.
3. The National Library is enormous
4. Apparently, the proper etiquette when a taxi honks at you for crossing the street when he was driving is to give him a rude hand gesture, yell at the car then proceed to open the passenger door and yell more. Then look at the taxi driver as if he was being ridiculous for honking...
5. The horses that are connected to carriages have little holder things along their tail that catches their poop.
6. The Dogs in Austria can smell fear too.
7. Said dogs hang out near the National Library and may decide to chase you.
8. Said dogs know more German than I do
9. I can't speak German.
10. I can't understand German.
11. I can read German a little bit.
12. 5 people can fit, with luggage, into one very tiny car.
13. When renovating a statue, they put what looks like a tiny little house on top of the building that looks as if a tornado plopped it there.
14. The Weird Golden Dome mentioned in previous blog has grown a mustache.
15. When wearing black shoes and white socks, be careful if it rains because black shoes will turn your white socks, and your toes, very black
16. Occasionally it is very hard to find a crosswalk.
17. Specifically near previously mentioned golden dome.
18. And when trying to get to this building
19. Which is usually around the time a policeman drives by and prevents you from j-walking (not by saying anything but by showing up and you not wanting to get in trouble)
20. My arms need to be longer and my hands need to be bigger in order to take a picture of myself that actually has a background in it.
21. The advertisements on websites are now in German and say things like "Would you like an American green card? Live and work in America!" except in German
22. Also, when wandering around by yourself in a foreign country, the song "I will Survive" may pop into your head...In Ellen Degeneres' voice.
23. When wandering Vienna aimlessly, you can find a TON of cool things
Such as Minoretinkirche, a church built in the 1300's, which have obviously been added on to over the years, seen below.
And the many other pictures of today I have here: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/LaurenHillard/Vienna%20Day%202/