Sunday, January 6, 2013

Photographers and Fish





A few weeks ago, my friend Eve needed a couple people to accompany her on a tour for her job. She said that we would probably be interviewed for the newspaper, since it was for a tourism article in a Korean newspaper. So Heloise, her French friend and I went along and went on the tour of Gangnam at 8 in the morning. So I woke up bright and early in the morning at an hour rarely seen by me and headed to Gangnam about 45 minutes away.


Our first stop was Bongeunsa, which is a Buddhist temple in Gangnam.


Little did I know that we would be constantly followed by a photographer, which was uncomfortable.


Also little did I know that those pictures would not end up in the newspaper. And I was not asked any questions. So I just had a spontaneous free tour on the Gangnam City Tour Bus.


Bongeunsa was founded in 794. We first went into the main area, where people were praying and there were a lot of Buddhas. The photographer asked to take a picture of us looking upwards at the ceiling.

I didn't get a lot of time to take pictures, so I'll have to go back to the temple sometime in the near future when it's not horrendously cold outside.




We walked over to these lanterns hanging from the ceiling. I'm not sure if they're always there or were just there temporarily.




Here are Eve and Heloise



This is one of the largest Buddhas in Korea, or the largest one. I don't remember exactly.

This is the bottom of the statue.


Eve




Here's an elephant on the outside.


We then went to Eunma market, which is a market that sells traditional foods. We also ate lunch there, which were some Korean pancakes (not pancakes) and dumplings.

Here are some fish.




Here are some more fish, they are hanging this time.


Rice cakes
Dumplings/mandu
A live octopus.
A dead octopus.
Some vegetables

Dried fish.

We then went to Samsung tower, which sells electronics that we didn't really look at since we didn't need electronics, so we went to a coffee shop. We then got lunch at a Japanese restaurant.








Also Elaine visited at the end of November and we got these delicious lamp kebabs. It was fabulous.

Elaine and I had a great time wandering around and shopping. I was very happy she came to Seoul!

No comments:

Post a Comment