Sunday, September 20, 2015

Phnom Penh to Siem Reap: The Loudest Bus Ride Ever

The morning I left Phnom Penh was surprisingly emotional. I had a great time with Todd and Jen and was sad to leave them! I didn't know that I would see them in a couple months, even though I was able to.

The bus had wifi, which was shocking. It was also a 7 hour bus ride on the worst road that has ever existed. It was soooooo bumpy and soooo loud. It felt like the bus was going to fall apart at any moment.


Here are a couple videos to prove how incredibly bumpy the bus ride was. So bumpy I temporarily lost control of my phone in one of them. The sound isn't quite captured, but it was loud!




 The drive through the countryside was really cool though. It was interesting to see how beautiful it was. It was also incredibly poor, which is very difficult to see.



 There were small temples all along the road.














 This is a small town we drove by.














I mean really, it's so beautiful!!

I arrived in Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat. It was the first solo part of my trip! I was all alone. Yes, all alone. There was no one there beside me.


No comments:

Post a Comment