Friday, April 22, 2016

The Journey to see Everest

The following day, I didn't watch the sunrise because it was raining fairly hard and I didn't think I'd be able to see it, so I slept in a bit then got up for breakfast and read my book. Unfortunately, we were in a cloud which lasted much of the day.
There was a small break in the clouds for a few minutes and I noticed a lot of birds flying around and took approximately 200 pictures of them. There were a ton of birds. It was kind of like the movie "The Birds."
































After a while, I walked down to the village hoping the clouds would clear up since I had planned to go to the viewing place where I could see Mt. Everest. I decided to eat in a little restaurant in the town.




Normally, it would have had a wonderful view, but cloud cover was intense.
The clouds moved into the valley briefly, so I decided to risk going to the view tower and started walking there.













As I walked, it got more and more cloudy as I went.











Once this was my view, I realized I would not be seeing Mt. Everest. I saw it from the plane and that was enough, despite the fact that I still have no idea which one it was!






Here is the incredible picture of Mt. Everest taken by me on December 14th, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment